Wednesday, January 2, 2013

State of the Collection: Goals for 2013

I have been setting yearly goals for myself the past few years, which helps to keep me focused. As my collection has grown, I've kind of settled into a routine, which makes coming up with new goals more difficult. Most of my goals are just a continuation from the previous year. I don't think that's a bad thing, its just kind of boring.

GOAL #1: Add the following Cubs team sets as they are released: Topps flagship, Heritage, Opening Day, Factory Team set, Bowman, Allen and Ginter, Chrome, Gypsy Queen, and Update.

GOAL #2: Add the complete sets of the flagship, update, and Allen and Ginter.

GOAL #3: Add an autograph and/or relic card for any current Cub that is not already in my collection. Last year I stayed away from all the flagship autograph and relic cards, adding only new guys. I'm happy with that decision and will continue going in that direction.

GOAL #4: Continue adding to the player collections, with a bigger focus on Darwin Barney and Billy Williams. I still need that '68 Williams OPC card. I'd also like to work on adding some Sandberg cards. I know that there are a ton of oddballs for him out there.

GOAL #5: Add one or two more T206 cards. Last year I bought my first three -- Tinker, Evers, and Chance. Adding a couple more Cubs each year is a long-term goal. Maybe some day I'll end up with all of them!

GOAL #6: Add odd-ball sets. I plan to keep up my daily search of ebay for these.

GOAL #7: Enjoy working on goals 1-6. I'm in trouble when I can't meet this goal.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment